Do you have a home energy efficiency question? Chances are I’ve already answered yours, and if not, you can always ask me and I’ll try my best!
Best way to get an answer
- Select a main topic from the Main topics list below, which will take you to a list of questions I’ve answered for that topic.
- Search my site using the handy search form.
- Click on the appropriate main topic in the lefthand navigation. Each main topic page contains links to related pages on specific subtopics, one of which probably contains the information you’re after.
- If you can’t find an answer to your question, just ask it! I’m happy to answer questions that are likely of interest to other visitors, since my goal is to help everyone use energy more efficiently.
Thanks for your questions! And of course, if you do find an answer, please feel free to add a comment to the answer page, to let me (and other readers on the site) know what you think of it, or if you have a better answer.
- Electric heating:
- Other heating topics:
- Best air conditioner for a house without ductwork
- Which uses less energy: central AC or fan?
- Does the York evaporator recall apply to units less than two years old?
- Average electricity consumption for a family of 4
- Does it waste electricity to leave things plugged in?
- Laundry — washers and dryers:
- ENERGY STAR dryers: are there newer more efficient electric dryers?